Family and Community Services
Helping families achieve their full potential.
What is Family and Community Services?
Glastonbury’s Family and Community Services program offers a variety of services ranging from intensive in-house parenting support to short term trauma and torture counselling and peer support groups.
The primary focus is to provide support to families who need assistance in difficult and hard times.
Glastonbury’s Family and Community Services professionals work to create safe and stable environments for vulnerable children, young people and their families.
By building on strengths, we help families find solutions to improve their situation and assist them to stay together or reunify where possible.
How can Family and Community Services assist families?
- By working to provide:
- Flexible, in-home support for parents including parenting and child development information.
- Individualised support plans that work towards family goals.
- Child-focussed work to recognise the needs of children and young people.
- Support for individuals and families to achieve their potential.
- Linkages to other community service groups and specialist services to support the family.
What are the programs offered by Family and Community Services?
- Family Services
- Families First
- Stronger Families
- Torture and Trauma Counselling
- Substance SAFE
- School and Family Connections
- Families Affected by a Parent with a Mental Illness
- Kids In Focus
- Geelong Family Relationship Centre
Where is Glastonbury located?
How far does Family and Community Services reach?
- City of Greater Geelong
- Golden Plains Shire
- Colac Otway Shire
- Surf Coast Shire
- Borough of Queenscliffe
- Corangamite Shire